After a long time, MNP (Mobile Number Portability in Bangladesh) service is becoming start from 1st October. According to this service, one can change his number without exchanging the mobile operator. MNP means “change mobile number without change the operator”. Sometimes it seems to be one is not satisfied with the call rate, or other services but he/she can’t change their number for avoiding the swap over related problems. But now one can easily jump over to another number. Suppose one user have GP number 017******** and he/she want to migrate into other mobile operator company like Robi/ Banglalink/ Airtel/ Teletalk and they can also enjoy all the offers from this operators. So, now not being a customer of this company(Robi/ Banglalink/ Airtel/ Teletalk) you can enjoy all kind of offers.
MNP (Mobile Number portability details)
As MNP Service in Bangladesh is new to everybody We are here answered the most commonly Asked Questions about this issue
What is MNP in Bangladesh?
MNP is referred to Mobile Number Portability service. It is recently launched in Bangladesh. By this service you can keep existing number but switch the operator.
Suppose, You are running Grameenphone operator , Due to call rate or any other facilities you want to switch other operator like Banglalink, Airtel or Robi. Through this service you can get it easily
MNP Cost in Bangladesh
According to the BTRC it will cost 30 BDT only to change the operator. But if you want to replace the sim then it will cost additional 100 BDT. It will take 0-7 working days to get the services.
It is eligible for both prepaid and post operator. Once it changes to operator, all the previous balance and other facilities will be zero.
Anyone who are using Bangladeshi network like GP, Banglalink , Robi, Airtel will be eligible for this services
HOW TO CHANGE ONE’s MOBILE NUMBER
- To enjoy MNP service users at first have to go their mobile phone customer care.
- They have to charge the exact fees and have to collect a new sim by exchange the old one.
- To change the operator You have to pay 30 BDT as service charge including the tax.
- To replacement the respective operator’s sim, one has to pay extra 100 BDT. In that case, the total cost is 155 BDT.
- After changing the operator for once one can swap to another operator after 90 days. For this 90 days, they have to stay on this operator.
Now its become a competition for the operating companies to offer some great deal to attract their customer to stay with them. So its hopeful that users will enjoy this service.