Shab E Barat 2017 is going to observe on Thursday, May 11, 2017, in the India Sub-continent (Check : Festive India) e.g Pakistan, India, Bangladesh.It is the fifteenth day of eighth Islamic Lunar Calendar Sha’ban 1438. Here I have written about the details history, prayers, and date.I have tried my best to clear the concepts.
Shab e Barat date in Islamic calendar
This Holy Night is the fifteenth day of Islamic Calendar Shaban. Shaban is the Next month of Rajab and Previous month of holy Ramadan. This is the eighth month of Islamic Lunar Calendar. Literally, Shaban means distribution & Spreads.
Laila-Tul-Barat is the night of forgiveness who seeks mercy to Allah (SWT).In this night, Allah (SWT) descends to the lower heaven.
Don’t Miss: Layalatul Qadr: The night of Power
Shab E Barat 2017 date in Pakistan & India
In 2017 is observed in fifteenth Shaban. It solely depends on the Sunrise and Sunset. In India, and Pakistan Laila-Tul Barat will be celebrated on May 11, 2017. The Muslim Ummah in Indian sub-continent will observe this day on this day.
Shab e Barat 2017 UK will also observed in May 11 , 2017. Here are the answers of the “when is Shab e Barat 2017 ?” in different countries especially in India Sub Continent and United Kingdom UK.
History of Shab-E-Barat
“Shab-E-Barat” the word came from the two words “Shab” & “Barat”.”Shab” is a Persian word which means night.There is a contradiction with the word “Barat”.Somebody tells it came from an Arabic word which means freedom and somebody tell it came from Persian which means fate.So we get the word Shab-E-Barat “The Night of Fate” or “The, of Freedom”.In Arabic, the night is called “Lailatun Nisfi Min Sha’ban” that means the middle night of Sha’ban.In the Indian subcontinent, the night is known as “Shab-E-Barat”.
SEE ALSO: Ramzan 2017 prayers, Fasting Rules
There is no direct source of this night in Holy Quran.But some hints of this day can be found in “Siah Sittah” along with some hadith book.There is a history can be found in the hadith described by Imam Al-Tirmidhi.According to the hadith, One night the wife of Greatest prophet Hazrat Mohammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) woke up but she couldn’t found Hazrat Mohammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in bed.Then she starting to find him & she discovered him in Jannatul Baki graveyard.Then prophet said that at the night of Sha’ban, Allah comes to the nearest sky and forgives more people than the amount of hair on the goats of `Bani Kalb`. It is explained in books that the tribe of `Bani Kalb` had more goats than any other tribe in Arabia.At the bottom of the hadith, Al-Tirmidhi mentioned that first Muslim Caliph Hazrat Abu Bakr explained that.
Celebration of Shab E Barat
Though there is ambivalence of celebrating Shab E Barat, People celebrate the day solemnly.
- People pray to Allah for their welfare the whole night.
- The mosques are well decorated by light,flowers.
- The mosque remains lousy with people.
- Everybody requiems for relatives,friends.
- Delicious sweets, Halwa, Zarda are cooked.
- Good food are arranged in every home.
- People spend whole night by Salah,reading Quran & Dhikr.
- Most people spend the day by starvation.
Shab E Barat Prayers
Laylatul Barat is the night of blessing. In this night, Allah (SWT) spreads the hand of mercy. The Muslim Ummah seeks forgiveness to the Almighty.
Every Muslim should spend as much time as possible in prayers. Nafl Salaah and Quran recitation should be the main task on this night.
A Hadith from Prophet Mohammad (SAW) has said,[wpsm_quote author=”” float=”left” width=”100%”]A person who read Darood Sharif 3000 times and bless me I will assure his forgiveness on the day of judgment[/wpsm_quote]
Nafl Salah of Shab E Barat (lailatul barat)[wpsm_list type=”check” gap=”small”]
- During the Layla-Tul-Barat read the following Dua 40 times between the time of Asr & Maghrib [wpsm_codebox style=”1″]La hola Wala Kuwata Illabilhil Aliyul Azim[/wpsm_codebox]
- After Magrib, read 6 Raka’at Nafl Salaah
- Each Raka’at of above Salah after reciting Surah Fatiha read Surah Al Ikhlas 11 times.
- After Salam Read 2 Rakats of Surah Yaseen and Nisfe Shaban once each.
- After Isha Salah read the following Nafl Salah
- 2 Raka’at Nafl Salat of Shab E Barat with Ayatul Kursi(1) and Surah Ikhlas(15 Times)
- After each 2 Rakat recite Darood Sharif 100 times.
- 8 Rakats Naft Salah with four salaam
- Qudr and Sura Ikhlas 25 times Each rakat
- 8 Rakat Nafl Salat of Shab E Barat with 10 times Ikhlas
- 14 raka’ats Nafat Shab E Barat with seven Salam
- Recite Surah Fatiha, Kafir on, Ikhlas, Falak , Nas each time.
- Read Ayatul Kursi and Istekfar 101 times between two salam
(2 Raka’at Daraze Umar, 2 Raka’at Dafa-e-Bela, 2 Rakat for prosperity)
Mufti Menk Lectures about Lailatul Barat[wpsm_promobox background=”#ffffff” border_size=”3px” border_color=”#fb7203″ highligh_color=”#fb7203″ highlight_position=”left” button_link=”https://www.ontaheen.com/shab-e-barat-mubarak-images/” button_text=” Shab E Barat Image & Message” title=” Shab E Barat Image & Message” description=”
Are You looking for Shab E Barat Images? We have collected Images, Messages and Different HD Wallpaper and Much More.” ]